The OurWaitakere - Waitakere Online Community Project website is hosted by Waitakere City Council and operated under the auspices of an unincorporated community organisation known as the Waitakere Online Editorial Board and is part of the Waitakere Online Community Project.
“Council” means Waitakere City Council
“OurWaitakere Web Site” means the web site hosted by the Council for the Waitakere Online Community Project
“User” means any person who uses the services offered by Our Waitakere Web Site
Agreement between user and the Council
The OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites are comprised of various Web pages operated by the Council.
The Council, nor the Waitakere Online Editorial Board, has any obligation to monitor the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites content and activities. However, the Council reserves the right:
- to review materials posted to the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites and to remove any materials at its sole discretion; or
- to terminate access by a User, or any group of Users, or all Users to all or any parts of the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites services at any time without notice and without the need to give the reason or reasons for doing so.
Links To Third Party Sites
The OurWaitakere Web Site may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
The Council is not responsible for the content of, or privacy practices associated with, the linked websites.
Our links to other websites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation, or preference by the Council of the owners or operators of those websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to on those websites.
No Unlawful Or Prohibited Use
Every User warrants that it will not use the OurWaitakere Web Site and or its sub-sites:
Use Of Communication Services
- for any purpose which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites or interfere with any other User’s use and enjoyment of the OurWaitakere Web Site or its sub-sites,
- to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means which is not intentionally made available or provided for through the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites.
The OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Communication Services"), you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material in a manner that complies with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Bill
(anti-spam legislation)and the Privacy Act 1993
. By way of example, and without limitation, when using the Communication Services a User must not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Conduct or be involved with pyramid selling schemes or chain letters.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Act in a manner which constitutes a breach of New Zealand law.
Users should note that the while using Communication Services information about the User, e.g. email address, may be collected. This information may be used to send general promotional material about OurWaitakere Web Site activities which we believe may be useful to you. For more information please refer to our Privacy Statement.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Council or the individual members of the Waitakere Online Editorial Board and/or their suppliers be liable for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damages whatsoever arising out of the use of the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with:
- the use or performance of the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites;
- delay in use, or the inability to use, the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites or related services;
- the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the OurWaitakere Web Site and its sub-sites.;
Service contact : sitesadmin@OurWaitakere.co.nz.